Our firm is one of the leading Intellectual Property firms in Egypt and the MENA (Middle East North Africa) region. Our firm maintains a solid reputation as the leading firm in Egypt involved in securing and enforcing intellectual property and related laws & rights. Our strength is based on the reliability of our staff who gained their wide experience by developing their skills to meet the developments in the world of business & participating in different activities and events related to intellectual property field. This, of course, is done to meet the requirements of our clients. Our services are tailored according to the client's instructions that range from individual inventors, start up companies to world's largest multinational corporations.
Our professional staff today consists of 30 attorneys & intellectual property experts supported by over 60 administration and support staff based in three regional offices in Cairo, Alexandria and Tripoli providing the widest scope of services in this field.
Our firm was founded in Alexandria in 1918 under the name of "Magri Overend" and was the first specialized office in handling Intellectual Property in Egypt. This was due to the fact that Egypt was the first Arab Country to provide protection of the Trade Marks through filing a trade mark application before a certain legal body known at that time by the "Mixed Courts". Thereafter, the Trade Mark Act in Egypt was promulgated in 1939 and the firm quickly built up a successful practice in the trademark and patent matters due to the increasing awareness of the importance of the filing and protection of trademarks and patents.
Traders then proceeded with the registration of their patents and trade marks seeking adequate protection. In 1952 Prof. Ahmed Abdel Hadi joined the firm as a partner and he was hitherto the professor of Commercial & Maritime laws at Alexandria University. The name of the firm became "Ahmed Abdel Hadi Patent & Trade Marks Attorneys". In 1960 Hoda Abdel Hadi joined the firm as a partner and after the passing away of Ahmed Abdel Hadi in1979, Mrs. Abdel Hadi, since then, became the Senior and managing partner and the name of the firm was changed to "Hoda Abdel Hadi & Partners”.
In 1988. Amr Eldib joined the firm as a partner. He became the managing partner in 2006.
By the last quarter several of our esteemed associates have become partners.
Starting 1 January 2011 we changed name to Abdelhadi - Intellectual Property. We introduced our new modernized Logo and look maintaining our tradition of excellence by providing our clients the best level of value and services by international standards.
Intellectual property is not our sideline business.
It is all we do.
Abdelhadi - IP is a full service intellectual property law firm specializing in all areas of intellectual property law relating to Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition. It is our mission to share both our experience and proficiency of intellectual property law with our valued clients.
- The practice of intellectual property law is not a part-time pursuit, it is our ONLY pursuit, making our legal expertise distinctive
- Driven to deliver outstanding services to our clients by working with them to better understand their business and related issues so that we can truly provide objective, pragmatic, and valuable counseling
- Work with our clients to ensure that our services are focused on those matters of greatest importance and impact
- Obligation to represent more than just ourselves and our clients, but to represent the entire legal profession
- Deliver the highest quality work, always exceeding client expectations while maximizing the result of all our interactions
- Conduct ourselves in the highest moral and ethical standards
- Continually push ourselves to develop new skills and capabilities, building upon our existing capabilities and knowledge base
- Create and maintain a caring and respectful environment where individuals can excel and grow, rewarding individuals based on merit
- Invest in our future through our people